4.24.2008

An Uplifting Message

I have this book from Max Lucado called Everyday Blessings. I was reading today's entry (note that I only read the entry every once in a while, usually this book is very neglected), and I found it very comforting. It is based on Hebrews 2:1, which reads We must pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard. Lucado follows with the following:

"Stability in the storm comes not from seeking a new message but from understanding an old one. The most reliable anchor points are not recent discoveries, but are time-tested truths that have held their ground against the winds of change. Truths like:
My life is not futile. My failures are not fatal. My death is not final."

I think this is an awesome thing to think about. It is so comforting to remember that just because I'm a failure, doesn't mean that I'm condemned. In a society consumed with the pursuit of perfection, it's so calming to know that it doesn't matter, because you can never really achieve perfection. Who you are is OK with God, and it should be OK with you, too.

No comments: