1.19.2010

Exciting news!

OK, I don't know if anyone besides Bio reads this blog anymore, so it may be more of a journal than a blog, but whatever. I have good news!

I got a job!! In less than 24 hours, I submitted applications, got called in for and attended an interview, and subsequently received a job offer! I will be working as a chiropractic assistant about 30 minutes away from home. It is a part-time position with the prospect of going full-time (possibly by this summer!), and I will be working with the chiropractor to oversee electrical stimulation, spinal decompression, ultrasound, and therapy exercises, as well as doing trigger point massages. I will also learn to develop x-rays and be doing some clerical work here and there as well.

The office is super close-knit, and everyone I've met so far seem very friendly. The doctor brings his dog to work with him every day, and she even carries the patient files into his office for him, without leaving toothmarks or slobber all over them. How cute is that?! There are also 2 large saltwater aquariums in the office (1 90 gallon, 1 210 gallon), which is pretty cool. I will be working Monday-Thursday 2:45PM-6:45PM (meaning I don't have to get up early, and I'll miss rush hour traffic), and every other Friday from 7:45AM-11:00AM. One of the best parts is that I won't have to drive down I-35 to get there, which means I'll avoid the ridiculous traffic jams and the majority of the stupid commute-drivers, saving my sanity. :)

I start on Monday morning, and I'll be working a few full days in order to get trained, and then start with my regular schedule probably the next week. I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have found a job in my field (or at least on the edge of my field, lol). I have to give God all the glory for engineering this impressive feat. He is SO good.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

I'm so excited for you! Oh and I'm here every time you post because I've got you in my google reader. ;-)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! :)

biomaj5 said...

I think it's awesome that your boss brings his dog to work! Yay for a job!