3.23.2009

I could use some prayers today. I spent most of yesterday dreading the fact that today is Monday, which means I should be going to work. I wrestled with my emotions all night, and had some discussions with my husband. I went to bed with nothing being resolved.

I woke up this morning fully intending to go to work. I got up, showered, ate breakfast. Then I noticed that my stomach is a little upset. Not fun to go to work with an upset stomach, right? So of course then it looks like I'm trying to find an excuse not to go to work. Not great.

Then I get to thinking. I think "I wish I could have a day to just sit and think and pray and to listen for God's voice, to do what I need to do to take care of me". So I tell my husband how I'm feeling, yet he encourages me to go to work and to "plan ahead" for that type of day. Then I felt like crap for my feelings. I talked to him about it a bit more, and decided that I would in fact stay home and try to figure out a way to make it through the situation that is work.

So today, please be praying for me, if you are the praying type. I am going to spend a lot of time in prayer, time reading my Bible, and time just listening for God. I hope to come out on the other side feeling a sense of renewal and a sense of hope. Maybe I'll have some answers at the end of the day. Or maybe an inkling of what I'm supposed to do. Or maybe I'll hear nothing at all today. But I am taking today as my time to be with God.

2 comments:

Mango Gal said...

Hope all goes well for you girly!

Meredith said...

You know, I've taken "mental health days" before, but I think that this is really a much better way to revive your mental health than say...eating and shopping.

I'm sorry for the frustration about work. Unfortunately, I am right there with you. I'll be praying for you!