7.06.2009

Twilight

Before I begin, just a reminder that I'm still taking questions about myself, my marriage, etc. etc. I've only received one so far, so keep them coming!!

Now, I'm not sure if I've mentioned this here on the blog before or not, but I am completely in love with Stephenie Meyer' Twilight saga. I know these books are geared toward teens, but there is something very seductive about the way they are written and the overall themes that keeps me coming back to them again and again.

I think part of the reason I love these books so much is the way they portray true love between the characters. Not just romantic love, but love of family and friends and place. While the "first love" parts of the books are sure to draw in the teenage crowd, I think as a woman who is married to her perfect match I get a lot more out of these books than a junior high or high school kid ever would.

Today I am reading Midnight Sun (the unfinished companion novel to Twilight written from Edward's point of view), and it makes me wonder how my husband views me, and how he sees me. I know his view is so different from my own, but I can't understand it. I only know how I love him, and that gives me only hazy glimpses of how he must love me in return.

No comments: