4.19.2010

Monday Update

Not a lot to report this week so far! I got my haircut and a massage on Friday, both of which were desperately needed. The haircut turned out a lot better than the massage, unfortunately, but I can't complain too much, since the massage was free and I did feel better afterward.

The rest of the weekend was spent running (8 miles), running errands (bank, library, post office, oil change/car inspection), and relaxing around the house, due to the rain we got. Very little yard work got done, although Tyler started digging out where our flowerbed will be. We also went to a cool little garden/farm store this weekend that we will be visiting again once we need flowers.

This week we are going to try a few new things in our daily routine to get back on track to lose some more weight. We are going to start dividing our daily food intake into 6-7 mini-meals, which is healthier for your blood sugar and energy levels. We will also be trying to make sure we eat balanced meals with more fruits and vegetables. We are also going to start working out in the mornings before work, because I have zero energy left by the time I get home from working on my feet every night. This morning we went for a 2 mile walk with the dogs starting at about 5:30. Tuesdays and Fridays we will go to the gym to lift weights, and normally Mondays and Thursdays will be dedicated to running (we walked today simply because we had a hard run on Saturday). Saturdays we will continue to do longer distance runs, and Wednesdays and Sundays are for resting/recovery. Hopefully we will be able to stick to all of these changes!

I am still knitting away on Tyler's socks, and I'm hoping to be done with the 2nd one by this weekend. I'm really looking forward to starting on a new project for myself, and possibly finishing up a scarf I've been working on since before Christmas. I also need to start researching patterns for Christmas gifts. :)

I will update more later this week! Hope everyone has a great Monday. :)

No comments: