4.11.2010

Wonderful weekend!

This weekend my friend biomaj5 came to visit me and we went to the DFW Fiber Fest and a local yarn shop, The Woolie Ewe. We perused the various yarns and came out with some pretty good finds. Bio also brought me a little giftie: a beautiful 3AM Enchantments Petite KIP (knitting in progress) bag. Here are some photo highlights of our weekend!
Here we are on Friday night after Laura arrived. She brought me this:
The next morning we headed out to conquer the yarn world...
At DFW Fiber Fest 2010 (thanks nice employee of Shabby Sheep for taking our picture!)

I got some good loot while we were there: Brooks Farm Solo Silk (unknown colorway) and Malabrigo Sock in Impressionist Sky


In other knitting news, I also got my KnitPicks Options interchangeable circular needle set in the mail on Friday, in addition to some other notions, a yarn swift, and 1 skein of Comfy Fingering weight yarn in Lilac. I totally meant to order 2, so I'll be placing another order shortly.
I can't wait to start some new knitting projects with my new stash and tools, but I still need to finish Tyler's socks, and I should really finish my Ripened Scarf at some point, too.

2 comments:

Dragon said...

That is such a cute little bag :) The yarn you bought is very beautiful! I'm jealous lol. I'm so glad you guys had such a good weekend. It looks like you had tons of fun!

Elaine said...

Ooh, I love the blue! I'm glad you guys had a blast!